Saturday, December 20, 2014

A note for my Violet.

When Violet is old enough, I want her to be able to read this blog and try to understand how much I care for her and how I don't regret a single moment that she's been in our lives.  Our journey with her has been difficult, sometimes unbearably painful, but our world is also so much more beautiful with her in it, and now that she's here I couldn't imagine going one day without her in my life.

My precious Violet,
You've only been here for 3 short months, plus the 9 long ones that you were in my belly.  I truly believe that you were meant to accomplish such great things, and live such a beautiful life.  But even if nothing else, you have already taught me so much, and it's more than most people will do in their lifetime.
Firstly, you've taught me so see the beauty in all of God's creations.
You've taught me to love wholly, completely, and recklessly.  Without any fear of getting hurt.
You've taught me how to be truly and completely grateful.  Even when my heart feels broken and I don't know what to do with all the pain that I feel.  I still feel like the luckiest person on this planet!
You've taught me that compassion cannot exist without pain.
And most of all, you've taught me the true meaning of perfection.
You are so loved, my beautiful girl.  And I hope that one day you are able to see in yourself all that I see.  You are amazing and more beautiful than I can put into words.

No comments:

Post a Comment