Sunday, December 21, 2014

Thank you.

This time of year, I see a lot of the Facebook posts that say "It was a great year, thank you for being a part of it."
This year has not been so great for a lot of people, including us.  Yes, almost exactly a year ago (December 23rd, 2013), we found out we were going to have one of our biggest blessings.  But I spent a lot of time in fear that we would lose our baby like we lost our other two angels.  And even though I didn't lose this pregnancy, I went through the loss of something that was much more difficult for me.  In April of this year (and the following 5 months) I grieved the loss of a "normal" pregnancy and having a "normal" baby.  From being around so many mothers and babies, I know that  mothers grieve the loss of many things.  Yes, there is pregnancy loss and the kind of loss that I suffered.  Some mothers even grieve over the loss of having the delivery they wanted, or the loss of being able to breastfeed their baby.  But not all of these mothers are as lucky as I am.
I've had endless support and prayer from amazing family, friends and awesome doctors.  And so I want to say that even though this was the most difficult year of my life, thank you for being a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment